To use this feature, you need to create a job script using the program extract domain.prg (new in matchITv528). Then simply map the program in the job script along with a main file containing a URL field on the same line of the script. Now edit the program file and specify the name of the field containing the URLs. Run the script, browse the main file and by default, a new “domain” field should have been generated. This will contain the domain part of any URL from the specified URL field. If a domain could not be recognised (e.g. if the URL contained “ww.360Science.com”) then the new domain field will be empty.
Browse popular articles
Articles in this section
- Common tweaks to improve matching performance/results
- All About Database Utilities
- System Commands Overview
- View Data
- Running a Job Script automatically when you start matchIT
- Working around The 2 GB File Size Limit
- Did you flag records by accident? you don't need to restart
- mDesktop is telling me that I need to ensure that it has write access on the mDesktop directory; how do I do this?
- How do I extract domains from website addresses?
- How do I back-up job scripts