One more point to bear in mind is that mDesktop now remembers the input format the last time you imported a file and defaults to that next time. It also preserves other settings that are likely to be standard for your installation e.g. maximum records to compare. This does not mean that it remembers all the changes to settings that you make in the Options screen, as the majority are reset to the standard ones if you change the matching level when you next use the Setup Wizard. This is because many settings are appropriate only to particular files or match levels. If you want to customise particular options for general use, not just for a particular file, then you can do this in the Save/Restore Setup option from the Jobs/Setup menu – you must save your changed options for each match level and nationality of data that you might use.
Browse popular articles
Articles in this section
- Common tweaks to improve matching performance/results
- All About Database Utilities
- System Commands Overview
- View Data
- Running a Job Script automatically when you start matchIT
- Working around The 2 GB File Size Limit
- Did you flag records by accident? you don't need to restart
- matchIT is telling me that I need to ensure that it has write access on the matchIT directory; how do I do this?
- How do I extract domains from website addresses?
- How do I back-up job scripts